Friday, March 2, 2012

January 1, 2012

Today there was a big fire not too far away from here.  This photo was taken from my living room window. We saw the smoke billowing over the rooftops and heard all the fire alarms clanging and clanging.  And then it was all over.  I don’t know what building burned, but discovering it might be an adventure for another day.


The Good and the Bad
Bad:  A pesky fly got into my apartment today.  It must be at the end of its life cycle because it’s moving very slowly.   I wish I had a flyswatter….. 
Good:   I see very few bugs here anywhere, much less in my apartment.  Because we’re in a desert, I thought there might be scorpions or something exotic like that, but I never see anything.  Maybe the birds are so hungry they eat every bug in sight?  I have heard that some people have had a sugar ant problem, but I haven’t seen any in my apartment.  YAY!


No comments:

Post a Comment