Friday, May 18, 2012

Kuwaiti Homes I Have Known (part 2)

One day Karen Ackerman and I were invited to tour Samir's house.  Samir is not a Kuwaiti, so cannot own one of these beauties, but he does live in one.  It was amazing.  These people really know how to spend their money.  This is the view of his neighbors across the street.  Yes, the tall building is a house:


Samir's landlord is very patriotic:


Here is the front porch:


And down the side yard:



The home is beautiful; easily the most beautifully decorated home I have ever seen.  And the first large, palatial home I've ever seen.   Here is one living room:



Here is another living area, a sunken conversation pit:


Multiple dining tables in the dining area:


And my favorite part:  the garden.  Kuwaitis enjoy a little slice of heaven in the big sandbox:



I didn't get photos of the rooftop patio where they have parties. Yes, parties.  With illegal alcohol even.  It's similar to our Prohibition.  When you are forced to go without something, you seem to want it more.  These people have access to all types of illegal products, if they have the money to purchase it.   I heard today that a single bottle of Carlsberg gets 10KD, which is equivalent to $35.00.   YIKES! 

I wish that the man who owns this house would marry me so that I can live here. 





No comments:

Post a Comment